Tours are available upon request by calling (870)508-1771
Hospice House is operated by Hospice of the Ozarks, which is a not-for-profit organization formed in 1979 to provide specialized end-of-life care for individuals in Baxter and Marion counties. This 12-bed, 14,000 sq. ft., inpatient, residential, and respite facility for hospice patients opened in December 2005.
The Hospice of the Ozarks Hospice House is licensed by the Arkansas Department of Health and is approved to provide Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance hospice services.
Hospice relies on donations, memorials, and fundraising efforts in order to provide services to anyone in need of hospice care.
Hospice House is a beautiful, home-like facility which includes:
• Nicely decorated private patient rooms with bathrooms and a sleeper sofa, which provides overnight accommodations for family members who would like to spend the night
• A family room with reading, television, eating areas, and a children's play corner
• Roller Chapel, which provides a non-denominational holy space for prayer, meditation and small family services
• Covered outdoor patio area, which has a beautiful fountain and garden area.
The Hospice of the Ozark's Hospice House provides a very high staffing to patient ratio and has Registered Nurses on duty 24 hours a day. The staff has specialized training in end-of-life care.
Hospice of the Ozarks provides three levels of care at the Hospice House including:
• Acute Care - GIP (General Inpatient) Provided to patients who have pain and symptom control problems which can be managed at the Hospice facility and require skilled-nursing care.
• Respite Care - offered to patients for up to a five-day period to relieve a family member (primary caregiver) that needs rest because of care-giving responsibilities.
• Residential - Provided to patients who receive routine hospice care, but choose to stay at the Hospice House as their temporary place of residence. Fees for room and board services will be charged.
The Hospice House is available to anyone regardless of residence.
Affiliated with Baxter Regional Medical Center
Medicare / Medicaid / Champs Approved